The online application is now closed.
Four to six William T. Grant Scholars are selected each year, and each receives $350,000 distributed over a five-year period.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- William T. Grant Scholars Selection Committee
- Current and Former William T. Grant Scholars
Pay it Forward: Guidance for Mentoring Junior Scholars: A comprehensive resource for mentors jointly developed by the Foundation and the Forum for Youth Investment.
Maximizing Mentoring: A Guide for Building Strong Relationships: A toolkit for both mentors and mentees.
Resources for Applicants:
Review eligibility requirements
- Applicant received his/her terminal degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D.) within seven years of submitting the application. For Ph.Ds this is the date the doctoral degree was conferred. In medicine, the seven-year maximum is dated from the completion of the first residency.
- Project advances the Foundation’s interest in understanding programs, policies, and practices that reduce inequality or improving the use of research evidence.
- Applicant is employed at a tax-exempt organization.